Getting that first (and then that second), have only fueled that fire for me to get even more; when you hear people say they're addictive? Yeah, that is so true. With that in mind, I've got a list as long as my arm of more ideas I have for my next. Here are a few of them:
- "Take Care" (from the Drake song, Take Care) on the back of my neck, or, alternatively, as a MASSIVE chest piece - not quite sure if I'm bold enough for that though!
- Flying geese silhouettes (referencing The Geese of Beverly Road by The National) just under my collarbone - this will probably be my next one, possibly at this same time as...
- "Fiction" (referencing the Lucksmiths song, Fiction) on my upper arm
- "We're the heirs to the glimmering world" (also from The Geese of Bevererly Road)
- "Lucky You" (another National song... ok, I'm a little obsessed) along the inside my wedding ring finger
- "Make a cup of tea, put a record on" (from Elastica's Waking Up), complete with a little cup of tea and a vinyl, maybe on my forearm
I also like the idea of getting a little heart on my elbow, a bit like this one that Katie from Skunkboy has (I love her style, a lot, but I think ripping off her tattoo like for like would be going a bit far). I'm sure there were more, but they've all flown out of my head right now. Basically, I've got major tattoo fever, and if I could afford it, I'd get a hundred tomorrow.
The only downside for me is not being able to give blood for 4 months afterwards and having to take a few weeks off from swimming each time, other than that, it is such a buzz. I couldn't recommend you taking the plunge and getting one enough - seriously, just go for it!
Do you know what I mean not being able to stop at one? Have you had one or are you holding on to an idea in your head? What are you waiting for?!