One of the things I like to read a lot about on the internet is babies. I love reading baby/pregnancy blogs, looking at baby pictures and reading all sorts of pre-pregnancy lists (at least until we actually get pregnant), what to eat and how to prepare etc. But something I've come across recently is the 'baby bucket list', so since you all know I love a good list, I thought I'd make one of my own, to tell you why we feel ready, and what little things we hope to achieve before our little family grows to 3.
Don't get me wrong, this list is not for everyone, it is totally specific to me. People have children at all ages, in all kinds of relationships, and they find a way to make it work whatever their situations, so please don't think I'm judging anyone.
We've already made a commitment to being a loving, stable family by getting married, and we've bought a house and a car, and we've even got a pretty fancy camera now. We're almost there financially, so the majority of these things are purely pre-baby luxuries - making the most of not being restricted by naptimes or having to find a babysitter or having to plan things a month in advance.
So with that in mind, some things we hope to do in the next few months are:
- Get completely out of debt (apart from student loans)
- Build up some emergency savings
- Finish buying furniture for our house
- Sleep a lot more!
- Have lots of date nights
- Make a few more spontaneous decisions.
- Take a little trip somewhere
- Go to Indietracks festival again this summer and dance like crazy, even if I am preggo.
- Buy lots of cute baby clothes like the CM punk onesie above
- Cut alcohol completely out of our diet, and cut down on the amount of caffeine and junk food we eat
And just generally enjoy each others company whilst it's just the two of us. Try and appreciate what we have a little more (something I'm terrible at) - lots of love and uninterrupted sleep!
What would you put on your baby bucket list? Do you want to see the world first before you settle down?