Thursday 17 November 2011

Currently obsessed with

Dry Shampoo!


Serious confession, I'd never used dry shampoo before maybe a month or two ago. I know, I know, how behind with the times am I? I did not know what I was missing out on! It might be a slight over exaggeration, but barely, to say that dry shampoo has changed my life. No really! I don't like to wash my hair every day (it doesn't really need it), but by 1 and 1/2 days, it is starting to flag, so I use it then to give my hair a boost and de-grease my fringe - which gets way greasier than the rest of my hair. And I also use it - rarely!- when I'm running late/staying over at a friends/hungover (OK, so I use it quite a lot...), as a cheat for washing my hair, and to save my colour from fading too quickly.

My first foray into the dry shampooing world was via the Rose oil & lotus flower Asda version, reasonably priced at £1.50 for 150ml.

My frugal thinking was that I didn't want to waste any pennies on a branded version if it was going to be useless and never used. But I loved it! The scent isn't overpowering but is nice enough, but the product really delivers in terms of performance. No residue or white streaks (one of the criticism's I'd read of dry shampoo before using it), so a thumbs up from me!

Then I entered a competition on Facebook, and actually won! The prize wasn't anything mega (not like my friend Jade who only went and won a trip to PARIS) but I was still dead chuffed when two 200ml cans of Batiste dry shampoo arrived on my door step.

I got the Blush and Hobo er, flavours?


Firstly, I much prefer the new style of packaging to the old one. If I'm honest, the way it used to look put me off trying it quite a lot, so I'm pleased they changed it! The smells weren't wildly different, Blush is described as 'floral and flirty' whilst Hobo is 'sweet and spirited' which sounds about right. Hobo's a bit fruity for my tastes, so if I were to repurchase I'd either go for Blush or try one of the other varieties (the new Wild packaging has caught my eye). I was very impressed with how much life they breathed back in to my hair, even more so than the Asda one, but very disappointed with the amount of white residue it left in my hair which required a lot of brushing out, and on some occasions a bit of water. It could be that I was holding it too close to my head (does anyone really go the full 30cm?), but it didn't happen with the other one. 

I've still got plenty of these two cans left, so I won't need to buy anymore for a while, but when I do, I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe try another brand out to find my favourite. If you've got any recommendations or beauty staples, please leave me a comment, I'm definitely willing to give any product a try once, as long as it's within budget!


P.S. If you follow me on Twitter, you'll have seen I bit the bullet and decided to make a Facebook page! It's a bit bare at the moment, but once I get to grips with it, it should be up and running, so head over and take a look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...