Sunday 6 November 2011

Weekend Wishlist- Spineless Books

If anyone was watching Something For The Weekend this morning (a firm favourite Chez B), then you'll have seen a feature on 'what to buy your girlfriend/mum/granny etc', which on the whole was fairly terrible. HOWEVER, there was one product which really caught my eye, spineless books, and on closer inspection of the website, I am full on in love with this concept. Essentially, it is the whole book (of your choice, from a fairly big selection - although they are mostly classics) in a minuscule font - size 4! - made into a single page posters, with either the words making a shape or silhouette relevant to the story.

The one that they had on the show was Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen -


As one of my favourite novels of all time, this excited me more than a little bit. Not all of the images are amazing but I really love this one. Unfortunately, given the length of novel, it's a A0 sized poster, which could prove tricky to get a frame for, but it is pretty special. At £56, it's kinda pricey, but if I had that money spare I wouldn't even hesitate to buy it.

Other ones that caught my eye were Romeo & Juliet (£40)


and Peter Pan (£45)

which makes my heart swoon a little at the thought of having it in a little boy's nursery... 

I just think they're amazing, really personal and interesting, and way affordable when compared to 'proper' art. I think one or all of these are going on my real life wishlist (maybe even my Christmas list). As a full on book geek, they essentially fill my heart with joy. Don't you think they're delightful? I'm swooning.


P.S. I wasn't paid to write this or anything (I wish), I just genuinely am in love with this idea.

Edit: Whoops. Totally forgot to say where you could buy them/where I got the pictures from! Too excited clearly. All theses gems can be found at http://www.spinelessclassics.com

2 comments:

  1. Those are amazing! What a great find. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your lovely comments Things To Do. I really appreciate the positive feedback :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...