Saturday 28 January 2012

Crafty Capers: place settings

At the end of February, my Grandma on my Dad's side celebrates her 80th birthday (weirdly, both my grandmas actually have the same birthday, but my Mum's mum doesn't celebrate for religious reasons), and on my Dad's side of the family, they party hard. You name it, birthday, christening, wedding, Tuesdays, whatever, there will be a big meal, as many family members as we can muster and well, a lot of alcohol. We party, we drink. Everything in moderation though kids, remember that.

So anyway, since my Grandma is usually the one to organise all these events and meals, for her birthday we're going to do something special, with everyone pitching in to help out. One of my cousin's in a properly bad-ass cake maker, so obviously she gets that role, and everyone knows (maybe), I'm a master crafter (ish), so I'm making the table decorations & place settings.

I take my role as master crafter very seriously, obviously, so have spent the morning on the internet and pinterest searching for the perfect craft project to undertake.

Here are some of the best I found...




Love, love, love this - only problem is I don't have a sewing machine! Expect this technique to be featured on birthday/Christmas as soon I do though...


This one is actually a Thank-You card, but I just liked the sparkles :)


Balloons weighted down by a pouch of jelly babies! Amazing, but also a lot of effort.


But I think the winner has to be...

Wine corks!

Pretty cheap supplies, not too difficult make, or to scale up for large numbers, relevant - because who doesn't love wine? - and also makes for a cute theme...


I'm going to try and score some used corks on eBay this afternoon, since the plain ones look a little boring, and I need too many to try and drink that much wine myself... Probably.

Which one is your favourite? Or have you got any other ideas I could use as inspiration? Drop me a comment and let me know :)


Source: 1, 2, 3, 456, 7, 8

2 comments:

  1. Excellent ideas - wish I was coming x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess sometimes you have to drink wine for the better of the project. :) Great ideas, can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...