Monday 9 January 2012

What I Wore: Taking inspiration from Taylor (Swift)

(gotta love that banjo)

Since I blogged about my style crush on Taylor Swift in December, well, that crush has deepened, just a tad... I may have said her music was a bit cheesey, and well, it is... But that hasn't stopped me becoming nigh on obsessed with her and her music. So today for my first day back at school, I channeled my favourite of her recent outfits... 


Jumper: Marks & Spencers
Skirt: vintage, from eBay
Belt: from a vintage dress


Bag: Asos via my lovely Hubby

 I couldn't stay quite as true to Taylor's minimalist chic - I needed to add a bit more of pop of colour via a belt to feel happy, and navy tights to keep to warm. My skirt's a bit longer, since I don't have the legs of a baby giraffe like she does, and my bag's a bit more jazzy - a perfect Christmas present from Hubby after a few dropped hints on my Twitter page, but I think it still works.


Necklace: Azendi
Lipstick: No. 7 Stay Perfect in Cherry

I wore my pearls around my neck since I can't wear earrings for long without irritating my ears, but the one thing Taylor and I can definitely agree on, a bright red pout can not be beat!

I'm still getting to grips with my new camera, an Olympus SZ-10, but so far I'm thrilled with it. If anyone knows how to stop it double-flashing though, that'd be a real help! I've still got loads of pictures from Christmas and the holidays to sort out, but now I'm back at work, perversely, I should have more time.

I'm also newly ginger again! The darker brown colour had faded back to a coppery brown and to be honest, I missed the ginger. I'm going to have to make more of an effort to maintain it, and re-dye it before my roots get too bad, but it's worth it because I full on love it, so it's here to stay for the foreseeable future at least. I also managed to buy the dye with my advantage card points at Boots, when it was on special offer, so it was essentially free! Don't you just love it when that happens?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...