Thursday 21 July 2011

Yoga & the Mercury Music Prize


Yesterday I went to a Yoga class with my friend Laura. I've done yoga before, but not much and not recently, so it was really nice to get back into it. Hopefully I'll be able to keep going over the summer whilst the classes run and it'll tone me up a bit (my exercise DVD has fallen by the wayside a little bit, sorry Jillian). 

The class finished not long before I had to head off to work, so I just pulled on this tunic/rather short dress over my workout leggings (my mum patched up the hole!). Not a very exciting day but fun for me.




Dress: George @ Asda
Leggings: Clothing at Tesco
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: an anniversary gift from Hubby

My soundtrack today might give you some indication of who I want to win the Mercury this year. General consensus is Wild Beasts should most definitely have been on the list but I've failed to listen to that yet. The Ghostpoet album is currently streaming on The Guardian website, just listening now, but I expect it to be good because of the collabo with FOE and Entrepeneurs (both acts I adore) on F*** Tactics, so I could probably take that winning too. Who do you want to win? Do you think they missed anyone note-worthy off? Should Wild Beasts have been on the list? Discuss!


1 comment:

  1. That Wild Beasts album really is something else, and is a massive oversight. Still want Ghostpoet to win, love his album. The only thing I can think that's missing other than Wild Beasts is 'Beer In The Breakers' by The Wave Pictures, which is also really really good.

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - I read them all! Leave a link to your blog (if you have one) because I love checking them out too xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...